regluing rubber molding on a car window

topic posted Sun, March 18, 2007 - 5:19 AM by  MsLaFet
Hello all!
I have use of a car for a year...with the stipulation that I keep up on the repairs. The rear window has a slight issue...the finishing molding has come unglued from the top of the window....I can slide it back into its grove...but it comes out as soon as I drive against the wind. What sort of glue can I use to secure it?
posted by:
New York
  • Re: regluing rubber molding on a car window

    Sun, March 18, 2007 - 8:05 AM
    This may not /probaly not, be a glue on part, but held on by clips, which sometimes rust and go bad. look closely, if it's clips you can get new ones at many auto supply stores, or a dealership.
    If the part in question is about 1/2 " wide metal, and fits down "inside" of the center of the rubber ring around the window. then it is a expander strip that pushes the rubber apart to seal the window. In this case you may not be getting the expander all the way into the rubber. all of this requires a " hands on", by someone with somewhat educated hands.
    Hard call to make with no more info to go on.

Recent topics in "DIY - do it yourself"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
old hardwood flooring yadda yadda 4 Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Granite counter tops Unsubscribed 10 June 28, 2014
tent zipper repair Åmªzºn¡Kª 22 June 26, 2014
Filling a mail slot Unsubscribed 31 May 18, 2014