Advertisement

Grease cutting cleaner recipe

topic posted Sun, April 15, 2007 - 4:20 PM by  Kit Kat
Share/Save/Bookmark
Does anyone have a home recipe for an organic cleaning solution that can remove built up kitchen grease? I want to give my kitchen cupboards a good cleaning and some have that sticky grease buildup on it. I need something strong enough to get the grease off, but not so strong that it will remove the finish on my cupboards. Any suggestions out there? If there isn't any home made recipes, any suggestions on a good store bought product? THanks!
posted by:
Kit Kat
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Grease cutting cleaner recipe

Sun, April 15, 2007 - 5:55 PM
    Have you tried TSP (trisodium phosphate)? That's what I've scrubbed my kitchen walls with before painting, it's available at any hardware store.
  • Re: Grease cutting cleaner recipe

Sun, April 15, 2007 - 5:56 PM
    try a mix of baking soda and water and yes be careful as it might take off paint.
    • Re: Grease cutting cleaner recipe

Sun, April 15, 2007 - 8:21 PM
      At one time I had a bunch of rentals. I was always cleaning. A friend turned me onto this one. It's not exactly natural but it sure works and I have never had it do any damage to paint. I know this formula by heart!
      One empty gal. milk jug
      Fill it half full with tap water
      add one cup of ammonia
      16 fl oz of rubbing alcohol (that is the size in which it is most commonly sold)
      4 good squirts of Dawn dish soap (I've also used Joy)
      Fill to top with tap water

Put in sprayer and go to it. Really good on stoves, refrigerators, and floors.

Recent topics in "DIY - do it yourself"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
old hardwood flooring yadda yadda 4 Yesterday, 11:07 PM
Granite counter tops Unsubscribed 10 June 28, 2014
tent zipper repair Åmªzºn¡Kª 22 June 26, 2014
Filling a mail slot Unsubscribed 31 May 18, 2014